MISSING TEXT FROM GRIME & GOLD AT THE GHOSTGATES
PUBLISHED 03 April 2021
It has been brought to my attention that there is some missing text from the now rare 1st printing of Grim & Gold At The Ghostgates, the entire text should read...
Some rules will work differently while in the module. As a rule, what happens in the dungeon stays in the dungeon, and what happens inside the dungeon doesn’t affect what’s outside the dungeon. The initial Danger Level of Tomb Lake is an exception, as it applies to the entire Ghostgate dungeon.
- Hand of Doom: Ignore it unless the game text says so or it was already at Ghostgate when this module began.
- Explored: When a room or corridor is first explored, apply the rules for Wandering Monsters, then make note that it is Explored.
- Loot: When you make a successful Loot roll in this module, pick from those in the Mission Deck only until it is exhausted, then pick from the regular Loot deck. Should you get two or more of the same item, place a Wound counter on the card as a reminder.
- Rest Actions: Your party can take one, and only one, Rest Action after dealing with a room’s content. All party members must take the same Rest action. You can only rest once in a given room. You cannot make Rest Actions in corridors.
The only Rest Actions allowed in the dungeon are Recover, Explore and Improve. Whenever you engage in one of those, check for Wandering Monsters afterwards.
- Stances: Bold or Cautious stances may have different effects in the rooms and corridors you will visit. This will be specified in their description.
Status Conditions: As per the usual rules, they are removed when a Recover action is taken. Some conditions apply differently in the Dungeon.
- Summon: All monsters Summoned in this dungeon come from the Wetlands Monster deck.
You will be shuffling the Wetland Monster and Wetland Encounter decks and searching through them a lot during this adventure. When you do, do not add the XP 3 monsters to the Wetland Monster deck unless you have already included them as a result of re-shuffling the deck in campaign play.
You will probably not be needing the Badlands, Highlands, Lowlands and Law decks during this module. You can set them aside until you return to “normal” campaign play.
To balance the encounters with the number of Adventurers in play, some entries will mention ‘Extraneous Monsters’. Add one such extraneous monster for each Adventurer in the room after the first. If several extraneous monsters are listed, pick one at random for each additional Adventurer from the choices listed. There can be more than one monster of the same type, even though you have but one card for each: simply keep track of their wounds separately.
When the module tells you to check for Wandering Monsters, pick a Danger Card.
If the card tells you to increase the Danger Level in a Wetlands space, increase the Danger Level at Tomb Lake (and therefore in this dungeon) by 1. Otherwise, the Danger level does not increase. After checking this, if the number on the card matches the Danger Level at Tomb Lake or lower, draw a card from the Wetlands Monsters deck.
Do not put the monsters worth 3XP in the deck unless:
1) You’re playing in campaign mode and it was already reshuffled, OR
2) Your Adventurers have, on average, at least 2 skill cards each.
EXPLORED ROOMS & CORRIDORS
Rooms and corridors which have been previously Explored (and therefore have a counter or mark to this effect) will not have Wandering Monsters. Simply killing the monsters in a room does not make it Explored.
Terribly sorry everyone!